Wednesday, March 11, 2009

simple as a pimple

I feel like Chris & I have been on such a roll lately!

we're 2 for 2, yeah!

  1. last Friday, I got an email from UW's Speech & Hearing Sciences department congratulating me on my acceptance to their postbaccalareate program XD. Because everyone seems to be confused about this program, basically, I want to get my masters in speech-language pathology, but before I can get into a masters program, I have to first complete and get a second Bachelors Degree in S&HS/Communications Disorders since I graduated from a different discipline. Getting into this program is the first big step toward my 5 year plan toward becoming a speech pathologist, so you can only imagine how excited I am to not only work toward something I'm passionate about, but also, something more legit and worth it. Goodbye Starbucks, hello future!
  2. in the context of getting what you want to work toward something great, my baby also found out this weekend that he got the job he wanted! He left Microsoft to become a personal assistant/chef and tutor to a family of 4. This family is really wealthy too; they own the top private pharmaceutical company in the nation, so they're ballin' to say the least. While his primary duties are to organize and keep everyone on track, he's really excited to be their personal chef (they've got a great kitchen, no surprise, and full creative freedom) and apparently, they host small parties that Chris would cater for! Not only is this an opportunity for him to showcase his talent, but also a great way to network and meet some really important people. Hook up! This job, too, is like the first big step toward his 5 year plan.
on a minor scale, I also just found out that I have a volunteer orientation this Friday at Swedish Medical Center. I'm trying to volunteer in their rehab center, which includes the speech lab. This would be another step, albeit minor, toward my career. Hopefully, it'll be a hat trick of a week? 3 for 3? And after that, Chris starts his new job on the 17th, so maybe 4 for 4?

to celebrate our recent successes, we went out to the new El Gaucho for dinner last night. What better way to celebrate than with a big, juicy steak, mmm. The service, as expected, was excellent, and the food was even better. We ordered the crab cakes & a caprese salad for appetizers; Chris got the French Rib Chop and I got the Steak El Gaucho; a side of Portobello Mushroom Risotto; and for dessert, we stuck to the complimentary fruit, nut, & cheese plate, which I was really looking forward to! And on top of all this delicious food & a really great evening, our server tipped us off on another place that has an industry night. I'll keep it secret for now until we check it out for ourselves, but that's where we'll be on Sunday ^_~.

steak el gaucho

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to both you (again) and Chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I guess all that good karma from you and the Aguhars is still around :). Let's hope it passes on to others!

    ReplyDelete