Wednesday, March 4, 2009

lent

for the sake of my health & my pocketbook, I've decided to give up alcohol for Lent. I don't regret this decision in the slightest. I don't really crave a drink, even socially, and I still have fun at the clubs without being tipsy. Yet, lately, I find that I can't seem to get enough sweets! Anyone who knows me knows that I have quite the sweet tooth, but even I'm surprised at how much I've been eating as of late.

earlier today, for example, I gave in and bought a Top Pot old-fashioned glazed doughnut to eat with my extra chocolately toffee nut hot choc
olate. And yesterday, I had a PB&J cupcake from Trophy. I've also been snacking on god knows how many Lindt chocolate balls, and at work, I'm constantly munching on lemon loaves, cinnamon rolls, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate coated graham crackers. In spite of the cold, I'm even eating ice cream! I'm beginning to fear for my genetic background prone for diabetes ::gulp::. Is my new alcohol-free diet the cause for my sugar cravings? Does one beget the other? Clearly, something needs to change...

why do you hurt so goood? T_T


No comments:

Post a Comment