Monday, March 30, 2009

ay, ye wee lass

the owner of Finn MacCools is one of our regulars at work, and he's actually about to open a new bar. I don't remember the name, but I believe it's on East Lake (like, on the lake) and it's going to be more swank and loungier. He actually came in today and when I asked him about it, he said it was opening this Thursday. Now I can't say I'm entirely sure he knows/remembers me, but as he was stepping out, he told me,
"maybe we can steal you away" ::wink::
ahhh, what does this mean?! Do I have a chance to work there, even as a server? I'll be bar back--I'll be someone's bitch! Why do you tease me so? And in that adorable Irish lilt of yours? Have I mentioned that even though he's like in his 40s or 50s, he's a total silver fox, mmm... Anderson Cooper, step aside. I like my men like I like my whiskey: straight.

oh, but I digress. I first heard of this upcoming bar about 2ish months ago, and since then have been slowly trying to plant the seeds of bubbly, personable barista to get him to remember me. Perhaps my plan is working, yes ::evil laugh::. If only I can work for him and leave the coffee biz T_T. I don't even drink coffee, but at least I enjoy a dranky drank here & there so my product knowledge would be put to better use.

as part of my ongoing plan to ingrain my face in his memory bank, I propose attending opening night this Thursday! If not to become a member of his workforce, at least to be a regular and maybe gain comped-drink status? Beer for coffee? I'd say it's a fair trade... well, not really, but it's all relative. Anyway, who's down?

2 comments:

  1. even though we can't drink... i'm down. let's go! when when when? details, woman! also, does this new place have a theme? is it just swank irish or something?

    also, this whole "plant the seeds of bubbly, personable barista" plan echos so many other devious plans you've made to "manipulate" others in the past, lol. very you, hahaha... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on it Captain! Update tomorrow

    ReplyDelete