Sunday, April 12, 2009

happy easter!

I can't seem to find those Cadbury mini-eggs with the hardshell that come in that purple packaging :(. I don't remember what they're called, but Viv & I used to munch on them in freshmen year all the time (thus furthering the unfortunate process otherwise known as "The Freshmen 15"...). Poo

on a different & totally unrelated note, I just found out that one of my friends likes me. This stands out to me in particular because I'm kind of attracted to him too... We have the same sense of humor, he's really chill, but maybe a little too comfortable around me at times (if you know what I mean), and physically, he meets the profile that I like: tall & beefy, with some lovin' for huggin'. I'd always thought he was cool, but I just never humoured the idea of us before because we were (I still am) dating other people, and the qualities in him that I'm attracted to are what I like in guys as friends, but not as a boyfriend. This would explain why he kept in touch with me when I left for Taiwan, which was surprising because we were cool, but I hadn't realized we were that cool.

plus, he moved up to Bellingham, so to be honest, I figured I wouldn't be seeing much of him really. In fact, I saw him for the first time since summer a few weeks ago. We chatted and caught up, it was good times. But then, a very drunk mutual friend of ours told me, "I think he lurvs you" ::wink::, and while I'm not prone to believing the drunk, it did make me suspicious and thus distance myself from him the rest of the night. Now I have actual, legit, sober confirmation and it's making me wonder... But then I feel bad because I shouldn't even be thinking or humouring this idea; I'm with Chris. Bah! Sometimes I miss the simplicity & freedom of single life :p. It may sound selfish, but at least I had no one to take care of but myself, my family, and my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Those are called Cadbury Mini-Eggs actually... where have you been looking? I always see them at QFC. You should look again today -- discounted Easter candy!

    I think it's normal to feel the way you feel, esp given your recent thoughts on your relationship. Totally understand the tug-of-war between relationships and single life. But you know, sometimes it's not only nice but necessary to be selfish. Food for thought you already know.

    Will send you a reminder later, but don't forget about the Chop Suey concert tonight!

    ReplyDelete