Thursday, April 9, 2009

can't lose what i use

I had my first meeting with my advisor in the Speech & Hearing Sciences department and man alive am I tired! I knew the next 5 quarters would be busy, but I guess I hadn't realize just how much work I've got ahead of me -_-''. She gave me all of these info packets that were really helpful, but I fear to pull them out of my bag again... Not only do I have a lot of work cut out for me for the program itself, I've got to start studying for my GREs, take them no later than December, write another personal statement, gather all my documents and resumes, contact a professor & aid him/her on their research, attend clinics & complete observation hours, and apply for grad schools. Oh, and I should have most of this all done by autumn. I know that's still 4 months away, but still. That's just 4 months away! And with my classes, summer is gonna go by real fast... I know I'm just feeling a little bit overwhelmed and that it was a lot of information to get on the first day, but damn Gina, I just need to exhale :o/

still, it could be worse. I could be Lindsay Lohan and be broke off my ass.

2 comments:

  1. I know it feels overwhelming right now, but you'll get through it. Plus, doesn't it feel nice to have these concrete things to do for your five year plan?

    If you want to do a productivity/study day soon, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll need one soon. And a doughnut :9

    ReplyDelete