Saturday, May 1, 2010

happy may day!

I can't believe it's May! Where has April gone? Hell, where has the last year gone? Anywho, I've finished April goal #1! In fact, I finished it last night, just in time for May to roll around the corner, but was waiting for daylight before I could take pictures.

his name is Bonifacio, after Filipino hero & revolutionary Andres Bonifacio. He stands about 12" tall and loves sipping on coconut milk. Bonifacio is an idealist and contributes to his weekly blog of political views and donations to various non-profits. He'll always fight for the little guy, but he could never actually hurt a fly. He enjoys the beach, though he's never been to one, and longs to visit the crystal clear waters of southeast Asia one day.

copyright: pattern & design by Rebecca Danger (Esther the Eccentric Elephant).

4 comments:

  1. I love that you've co-opted the traditional right-wing elephant and christened him after a lefty revolutionary (I guess there aren't really righty revolutionaries, huh?).

    Is that a young coconut he's standing next to? I think his nickname should be Bon-Bon (very Filipino, no?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. kuya Bon Bon, hahah! I can see it

    I didn't even think about that juxtaposition! I just thought the elephant represented his Thai background and he needed something connecting him to his Filipino roots and since Andres is named after Andres Bonifacio, Bonifacio would actually make a really cool name, heh. You make me appear deeper than I really am... thanks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the juxtaposition that Char pointed out :)

    Anyway, Bonifacio is adorable! Your cutest creation yet. Did you really happen to have a young coconut on hand for that picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we actually have a BOX of young coconuts on hand, haha. I just used it because it was there and I needed something for him to stand on :P

    ReplyDelete