Monday, July 20, 2009

let's take the shuttle to shattle

I've decided that even though half the month's gone pass (wha?!?!!?!?!), July is still gonna be pie month for me! Chris got me a pie pan awhiles ago, and for some reason, I feel especially compelled now to use it. It's all this sun man! It screams barbecue & picnics to me, and with that I see blue & white checkerboard picnic blankets with a warm apple pie steaming on top of it, just waiting to be eaten, mmm.

I made my first quiche not too long ago (counts as pie if it was made in a pie pan! points), and making the crust for that wasn't so bad, so I'm excited to try again. My next endeavor will be, of course, apple pie courtesy of Martha Stewart, but I'm thinking of sprinkling some cardamom & Grains of Paradise on mine. I also have an ice cream maker, so I can make that shit a la mode. I'm tempted to have a picnic to serve said pie, but I think I need to steer clear of the sun for awhile... Look what it did to me the other day:

Chris: are you sure you don't have chicken pox?
me: I've had fuckin' shingles! I'm pretty sure this isn't the pox.

2 comments:

  1. are you developing sun rashes just like me? HA HA. except mine looks more like a burn. at least yours is splochy and less noticeable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were actually the first thing that came to mind when I saw these spots... in a very endearing way of course :P

    ReplyDelete