Wednesday, July 22, 2009

hey there muscle arms

observation of the day: my fob glasses apparently make me more approachable.

I wore them the other day because I had to cram for finals, so honestly I was thinking I was looking all scruuub. Au contraire. I got a lot of compliments that day, and I noticed that a lot of people who apparently are our regulars talked to me more and even tried to maintain conversation (I also observed that a lot of these customers were of the Asian variety. Then again, we are in Seattle, but still,
coincidence?). They usually started the convo w/a comment on said glasses.

I worked again today, but this time wearing contacts, and some of those customers who approached me before weren't so chatty today. Some of them even asked what happened to my glasses. Bear in mind, this also stands out to me because I haven't been working much lately, so the fact that they even remember me was surprising.

I have another, older pair of glasses that are pretty normal and nondescript, nothing special. When I wear those, peeps definitely know I'm scrub or make a comment/joke about having slept in, even on days when I've had substantial sleep and got ready and had my hair did. Wft???

I don't know, what do you think? You be the judge...
who would you buy coffee from?



approachable fob?








unapproachable barista?








tired scruuub...?

2 comments:

  1. you took these with the built-in webcam huh? it's hard to see the pics because the gamma is so different on macbooks than there are on PCs (which i'm currently using). i always have to relight my photos if i take them with the webcam, sigh. i can't even tell if you're wearing glasses in the last pic! :(

    ANYWAY, from what i CAN tell, i go with approachable fob. kawaaaiiiiiii ^___^ v hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go with approachable fob, since unapproachable barista looks like she would spit in my drink if I ordered a short, and tired scrub would just mess up my order since she's so out of it.

    ReplyDelete