Sunday, April 18, 2010

mahlzeit!

April endeavor #2 completed! Today, I made Chris & myself homemade gnocchi with a garlic lemon butter sauce :9. Unfortunately, I finished my bowl of gnocchi before I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures... oops! Anyhow, I was quite satisfied with the texture; it was softer and lighter without being too doughy. I'd have to second the grating technique, messy as it is. The sauce on the other hand? Meh. It was aight. I didn't really know what I was doing so I just tossed a bunch of things in a pan and heated up 'til saucy. Thankfully, we still had some leftover pesto from the batch my sister & I made, which helped save it. Next time, I think I'll try a lighter sauce or a marina methinks.

2 comments:

  1. You still have some of that pesto?? Was it still good? I can't even remember what we put in it anymore (I feel like we added stuff other than the basic basil/olive oil/parmesan/pine nuts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was still great!! I think it lasted long because of all the oil? Anywho, alls I remember for ingredients were the toasted pine nuts cuz we burnt most of them, hahah

    ReplyDelete